The Salvation Army Women’s Auxiliary is a volunteer, educational and fundraising arm of The Salvation Army in the Greater Houston Area Command.
The Auxiliary sponsors initiatives that enrich the lives of Houston citizens by meeting them at their point of need.
Become a Member
All members will receive ongoing notification of events, projects, activities and opportunities to serve.
Three levels of membership are offered (click on corresponding membership for the form):
Active Member – $50 annual payment – You are requested to attend at least 50% of the meetings and be actively involved in ongoing events and activities.
Supporting Member – $100 annual payment – You are encouraged to attend meetings and to be involved in ongoing events and activities.
Contributing Life Member – $1000 one time payment – You are encouraged to attend meetings and to be involved in ongoing events and activities.
Volunteer Opportunities – Click here to read descriptions of the different volunteer opportunities.
For more information, please call 832-201-8023.
Please contact the Chairs of these events (listed in your Salvation Army Women’s Auxiliary membership directory) if you wish to be involved in any of these special opportunities or become a member. See “Membership” for details.
A residential facility with programs designed to transition homeless women and families back into the community.
- Read to children, help children read or donate books to their library and/or participate in a Summer Reading Program from June to mid-August.
- Create a craft opportunity for children or adults. Scheduled events from Mother’s Day through Christmas can always use a helping hand.
- Teach a class and share your business or artistic talent.
- Fall Tea: Motivational speakers, food, gifts and volunteers are needed for this meaningful social event for residents.
Reflections on Style
A Runway Show, Luncheon and Chic Boutique. Our annual spring fundraising event raises funds to support our local programs.
- Designer clothing, jewelry and accessories are collected months in advance for the runway show and boutique. Consider donating while changing out your Fall wardrobe or Spring Cleaning! Volunteers needed to pick up, sort and price donations.
- Chic Boutique Showroom opens for 4 days following the luncheon. Volunteers with a passion for fashion are needed to set up, restock, staff and tear down.
The Salvation Army Boys & Girls Clubs
Provides character development, educational opportunities and musical training through education and recreational programs. Contact one of five of our Corps Community Centers to volunteer to tutor students or mentor teens.
- Easter Party for children from SA Boys & Girls Clubs, Family Residence & International Corps held at a country ranch. A day of volunteerism for members, spouses, children and friends – stuffing and hiding eggs, participating in various activities and crafts and serving lunch.
- Angel Tree – filling gift requests for clothing and toys for children and senior citizens at Christmas. A wonderful way to get in the spirit of the season!
- Angel Tree family registration/distribution – Two days in October volunteers assist at designated Corps locations to sign families up for Angel Tree gifts. Two days in December volunteers help with the distribution of these gifts at the same Corps locations.
- Wrapping Day – at the Adult Rehabilitation Center (ARC) – Day of wrapping gifts for residents of ARC, their families and seniors.
- Santa’s Secret Warehouse – SAWA’s December general meeting is held at this giant warehouse and time is spent “shopping” – sorting Angel requests for each age and gender.
- Red Kettle Bell Ringing – Two days for you to bring your family and share the value of volunteering, get to know members and spread joy. Harbor Light Choir is there to sing and inspire. Funds raised support our local programs.
Fall Membership Tea
October 15, 16, 17
Aldine Westfield Christmas Registration
Silver Butterfly Tea
Hop on the Bus
The Salvation Army Annual Luncheon
“Miracle on Irvington” Seniors Christmas Party
“Miracle on Cherrybrook” Seniors Christmas Party
“Miracle on Aldine Westfield” Seniors Christmas Party
Santa’s Warehouse & General Meeting
Christmas Tree & Door Decorating at Family Residence
December 6, 7
Red Kettle Bell Ringing
ARC Wrapping Day
December 17, 18, 19
Aldine Westfield Aldine Christmas Distribution
Reflections on Style Kick-off Tea at Neiman Marcus
Valentine’s Art Project
Youth of the Year Scholarship Banquet
“Lift & Love Luncheon” at Hilton Americas
Spring Membership Tea and General Meeting
Easter Party for Salvation Army Boys & Girls Clubs and Family Residence
Reflections on Style Luncheon
April 15 – 18
Chic Boutique Showroom
Spring Wreath Making
|VP – President Elect||Maureen Higdon|
|VP – Reflections on Style||Deborah Dunkum|
|Recording Secretary||Darlene Clark|
|Corresponding Secretary||Frances Howard|
|Advisory Board Liaison||Ann Bookout|
ARC – Jewelry
Mary Milloy & Sally Gray
|Christmas||Angel Tree Tags – Alison Gemp & Maggie Smith
Angel Tree Registration – Amanda Gelb, Dev Stern, Frances Howard
Red Kettle – Trish Greaser, Nancy B. Willerson, Gayle Eury. Dorothy Nicholson
Santa’s Secret Warehouse -Joy Wuertz, Dev Stern, Amanda Gelb
Seniors Christmas Parties
Aldine Westfield- Deborah Dunkum & Diane Riley
Temple Corps – Danette Mozisek & Ceci Twachtman
Pasadena Corps – Jan Griesenbeck & Deborah Dunkum
ARC Wrapping – Heather Carayanis, Dale Hill, Lucy Lewis
|Creative Advisor||Carol Sharpe|
|Advisory Development Board Liaison||Vicki West|
|Easter Party||Judi McGee & Monika Heinze|
|Fall Membership Tea||Carolyn Mohsenzadeh, Dodi Willingham, Jan Rhodes|
|Family Residence||Patti Culbert & Tara Kewley|
|Hop on the Bus||Lynn Clayton & Louise Chehlaoui|
|Hospitality||Kathryn Riddles & Karinne McCullough|
|Long Range Planning||Lilly Andress & Jane Wise|
|Members – at – Large||Diane Gendel & Jeanie Kilroy Wilson|
|Membership & Directory||Debby Leighton & Molly McIntyre|
|President’s Luncheon||Deborah Dunkum|
|Lift & Love Tea||Mary Maxey & Sara Zachry|
|Spring Membership Tea||Betty Hrncir & Cathy Cleary|
|Young Adult Resource Center (YARC)||Ginger Blanton & Nikki Richnow|
The Salvation Army Representative
Major Shelley Bell , ex officio member