The Salvation Army Women’s Auxiliary is a volunteer, educational and fundraising arm of The Salvation Army in the Greater Houston Area Command.
The Auxiliary sponsors initiatives that enrich the lives of Houston citizens by meeting them at their point of need.
Become a Member
The membership year begins June 1, 2018 and ends May 31, 2019. All members will receive ongoing notification of events, projects, activities and opportunities to serve.
Three levels of membership are offered (click on corresponding membership for the form):
Active Member – $40 annual payment – You are requested to attend at least 50% of the meetings and be actively involved in ongoing events and activities.
Supporting Member – $75 annual payment – You are encouraged to attend meetings and to be involved in ongoing events and activities.
Contributing Life Member – $1000 one time payment – You are encouraged to attend meetings and to be involved in ongoing events and activities.
Volunteer Opportunities – Click here to read descriptions of the different volunteer opportunities.
For more information, please call 832-201-8023.
Please contact the Chairs of these events (listed in your Salvation Army Women’s Auxiliary membership directory) if you wish to be involved in any of these special opportunities or become a member. See “Membership” for details.
A residential facility with programs designed to transition homeless women and families back into the community.
- Read to children, help children read or donate books to their library and/or participate in a Summer Reading Program from June to mid-August.
- Create a craft opportunity for children or adults. Scheduled events from Mother’s Day through Christmas can always use a helping hand.
- Teach a class and share your business or artistic talent.
- Fall Tea: Motivational speakers, food, gifts and volunteers are needed for this meaningful social event for residents.
-To be determined.-
A transitional residential facility with programs serving single homeless women as they strive to live effectively without drugs and alcohol.
- Butterfly Clothing Closet provides clothing, shoes and accessories to residents for job interviews, etc. Volunteers needed for sorting donations and changing closet seasonally.
- Bible Study every Tuesday morning at 9am. Volunteer to lead, help or just come and take part in God’s work.
- Life Skills classes are offered to residents. Come teach a class, assist with one or donate items for upcoming classes.
- Graduation Baskets are assembled by volunteers with basic household items for residents leaving Sally’s House to begin their new life. Donations are always welcome!
Reflections on Style
A Runway Show, Luncheon and Chic Boutique. Our annual spring fundraising event raises funds to support our local programs.
- Designer clothing, jewelry and accessories are collected months in advance for the runway show and boutique. Consider donating while changing out your Fall wardrobe or Spring Cleaning! Volunteers needed to pick up, sort and price donations.
- Chic Boutique Showroom opens for 4 days following the luncheon. Volunteers with a passion for fashion are needed to set up, restock, staff and tear down.
The Salvation Army Boys & Girls Clubs
Provides character development, educational opportunities and musical training through education and recreational programs. Contact one of five of our Corps Community Centers to volunteer to tutor students or mentor teens.
- Easter Party for children from SA Boys & Girls Clubs, Family Residence & International Corps held at a country ranch. A day of volunteerism for members, spouses, children and friends – stuffing and hiding eggs, participating in various activities and crafts and serving lunch.
- Angel Tree – filling gift requests for clothing and toys for children and senior citizens at Christmas. A wonderful way to get in the spirit of the season!
- Angel Tree family registration/distribution – Two days in October volunteers assist at designated Corps locations to sign families up for Angel Tree gifts. Two days in December volunteers help with the distribution of these gifts at the same Corps locations.
- Wrapping Day – at the Adult Rehabilitation Center (ARC) – Day of wrapping gifts for residents of ARC, their families and seniors.
- Santa’s Secret Warehouse – SAWA’s December general meeting is held at this giant warehouse and time is spent “shopping” – sorting Angel requests for each age and gender.
- Red Kettle Bell Ringing – Two days for you to bring your family and share the value of volunteering, get to know members and spread joy. Harbor Light Choir is there to sing and inspire. Funds raised support our local programs.
Fall Membership Tea and General Meeting
“Hop on the Bus” Membership Orientation
Santa’s Secret Warehouse – General Meeting
December 7 & 8
Red Kettle Bell Ringing
Adult Rehabilitation Center – Gift Wrapping Day
Senior Citizens Christmas Party at Temple Corps Community Center
Senior Citizens Christmas Party at Pasadena Corps Community Center
Reflections on Style Kick-off Tea at Neiman Marcus
Youth of the Year Scholarship Banquet
“Lift and Love Tea” at Hilton Americas
Easter Party for Salvation Army Boys & Girls Clubs and Family Residence
Spring Membership Tea and General Meeting
Reflections on Style
April 17 – 20
Chic Boutique Showroom
|VP – President Elect||Connie Wallace|
|VP – Reflections on Style||Darlene Clark|
|Recording Secretary||Ellen Stough|
|Corresponding Secretary||Lynn Clayton|
|Advisory Board Liaison||Ann Bookout|
|Christmas||Angel Tree- Kristi Leidke & Laura McWilliams
Angel Tree Registration – Amanda Gelb, Dev Stern, Connie Wallace
Red Kettle – Trish Greaser, Judy Jackson, Lucy Lewis, Vicki West
Santa’s Secret Warehouse – Candice Faure’-Anderson, Ceci Twachtman, Suzie Wilson
Senior Christmas Party – Rhonda Jones
Temple Corps – Louise Chehlaoui, Joy Wuertz
Pasadena Corps – Deborah Dunkum
ARC Wrapping – Heather Carayanis & Dale Hill
|Creative Advisor||Carol Sharpe|
|Development Committee Liaison||Vicki West|
|Easter Party||Mary Maxey & Judi McGee|
|Fall Membership Tea||Betty Hrncir|
|Family Residence||Patti Culbert & Tina Yrshus|
|Finance & Budget||Stick Delaup|
|Hospitality||Karinne McCullough & Maureen Higdon|
|Long Range Planning||Lilly Andress & Jane Wise|
|Members – at – Large||Jeanie Kilroy Wilson|
|Membership & Directory||Debby Leighton & Molly McIntyre|
|Membership Orientation||Alison Gemp & Laurie VanderPloeg|
|President’s Luncheon||Nancy Willerson|
|Reflections On Style||Darlene Clark|
|Sally’s House||Tara Conley|
|Lift & Love Tea||Maggie Austin, Liana Hillendahl, Dodie Willingham|
|Spring Membership Tea||Jan Rhodes, Kathryn Riddles, Sandra Shenkir|
|Young Adult Resource Center (YARC)||Ginger Blanton & Nikki Richnow|
|Youth of the Year||Sara Wise|
The Salvation Army Representative
Major Melody Davis, ex officio member