Host an In-Kind Drive
Hosting an in-kind drive is a great way to contribute to the community and create awareness for issues such as homelessness, hunger, and drug and alcohol abuse.
It’s also a great teambuilding activity to create friendly competition and can be easily implemented in offices or at group gatherings.
Here’s what we need:
- Personal hygiene items for homeless men and women (travel size shampoo, razors, feminine hygiene products, soap, deodorant, bug spray, toothpaste and toothbrush).
- Soap for Hope Toiletry Drive – Click here for more information.
- Bingo prizes for older adults (gift cards, towels, blankets, clocks, large print books, games and puzzles).
- Personal items for older adults (non-skid socks, underwear, personal hygiene items, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, and toothbrush).
- Select clothing items for homeless adults (white t-shirts, belts, coats and jackets, socks, and sleeping bags).
- School supplies and sports equipment.
- Baby care items (diapers & wipes, formula, blankets, bottles, and clothing).
- Toy drive for Angel Tree Program.
*New and unused items only please.
For more information, please contact Volunteer Coordinator Carmen Zermeno at Carmen.Zermeno@uss.salvationarmy.com or call 713-752-0677.
Regarding Used Clothing
If you have used clothing you would like to The Salvation Army, please donate it to our Adult Rehabilitation Center (ARC), a free substance abuse recovery program for men.
The ARC is funded solely through the sales of our Salvation Army Family Stores. Additionally, individuals and families in our programs are given vouchers to our Family Stores so they can select their own clothing.
To make a donation to our Family Stores please call 1-800-SA-TRUCK (728-7825) or visit houston.satruck.org.