Angel Tree Gift Assistance Program
Since 1889, The Salvation Army has provided Christmas assistance for disadvantaged children and seniors
in our community. Through the Angel Tree Program, you become personally involved by choosing a specific
“Angel” to bring Christmas to.
Last year, 20,000 children and seniors in Harris, Montgomery and Fort Bend counties received gifts for Christmas. We are able to provide this assistance thanks to the generosity of individual donors, corporations, civic organizations, service groups and religious organizations.
How Does It Work?
Once children and seniors have been registered, angel tags are printed with that individuals name, age, gender, gift requests and a code number. Companies and organizations who participate in our Corporate Angel Tree Program adopt these Angels.
Once you have “adopted” your Angel:
– Purchase items from their wish list
– Return gifts to Santa’s Secret Warehouse
– Gifts will be sorted according to the code number
– Once gifts are sorted, they will be ready for distribution
How Much Does it Cost?
That’s up to you. There is not a set amount. It depends on how many gifts you purchase for your Angel Tree child or senior. We have found that the average cost is around $60 to $70. We encourage our partners to purchase the wish list items on the tag and a few clothing items.
How Do I Register as a Corporate Angel Tree Partner?
– Registration is currently closed; however, we invite you to adopt an angel (up to 15) through our Online Angel Tree program. Please click here to learn more.
I’ve Registered, Now What Happens?
You will receive a confirmation e-mail after you submit your registration.
Once your registration is complete, The Salvation Army will provide:
– Angel Tree gift tags with first names of local children and seniors and a list of requested gifts
– Necessary supplies including: packing materials, a digital quick packing guide, and a goal poster
Have more questions? Call Carmen Zermeño, Christmas Coordinator, at (832) 201-8018.